Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

What should I do when my Doctor tells me that I have

Customer Question

What should I do when my Doctor tells me that I have Parkinson Disease
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 12 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to JA. I will review your statement and reply shortly, please get back to me with questions.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
How do I get to you

The first thing to do in my opinion is to see a Neurologist with subspecialty interest in Movement Disorders, preferably Parkinsons disease. There a many other conditions that can mimic the symptoms of Parkinson's and yet not be that disorder. There are a whole group of conditions that are termed "parkinsons plus" conditions, there are toxic insults like carbon monoxide poisoning, etc. So you need a specialist to examine you, order special imaging tests if needed to clinch the diagnosis or lead you in another direction to the diagnosis. Secondly, there are specific medications pathways to try if the diagnosis of Parkinson's is secured, to not accelerate the symptoms. Please get back to me with questions about this if I can help. Dr Frank

HI. I am here if you wish to ask questions. If you want to talk on the phone, I can call you. I will put our the phone option if you wish to do that. Dr Frank

If you don't want to talk on the phone, just type back questions in the box and I will reply, ok? Dr frank