Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Ok. t trust this but gona try anyway. Tingling sensations in

Customer Question

Ok. Don t trust this but gona try anyway. Tingling sensations in MY head, very strong. Usually short lived n in the back left área for almost a year. But somtimes radiates. Saw a neurologist n primary. ((also the right Side of My head Was numb for a few months a couple of years ago)) . Primary said occipital neuralgia (alsooooo My sister has Neurocardiac syncope, caught happening on her mri even, don t know if Thats important) but the neurologist said Its not that) Could be sensory seisures but he'd need an eeg. Orrr a pinched nerve. Cheked for lyme disease n b 12 n did an mri so i fugured okay cool, seizure, i can deal with that.. .. but it happens OFTEN. N just had it happen, but in My left arm as well. Duno if Thats a new important thing? Quick background i do drink more than the average bear, Theres that thing My sister has, AND i kinda use tweesers in My nose, its a slight compulsión, that ive admitted recently only because My head feels sooo scary n in concerned. Anyways. Is this er worthy. Or Call n make an apt worthy Or... what the helllll is making this happen plz: )
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Oh AND i have an aunt with ms. .... just saying Cuz Idk if Thats still ruled out.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
But im convinced it could be related to the tweezers, i had somone tell me once somthing about q blood brain barrier when i had My nose pierced, so part b of My question What would the symptoms be if i had caused a serious infection or somthing.: /
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
P.s.s.s.s. if you can provide a valid amswer AND Theres a way to tip, i shall do so.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Feels like its been a year n here i Was Hoping for 10 minutes: ) but optimism asíde i need an answer within 12 hours or Ill provide a colorful review
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 12 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer. I am sorry that no Neurologist has responded to your question.

To address each of your questions.

It is impossible to determine from the symptoms alone what is making this happen. The Neurologist is correct that it could be a sensory seizure or a condition that presses on the nerve to this location, but it would require further evaluation to determine whether these are present. MS also is a possibility, as MS can cause virtually any neurologic symptom, although this would not be one of the more common cause of such symptoms.

It is not a concern that this could be related to tweezing the nose. Yes, it is possible that inserting any non-sterile foreign body into the nose can create a risk for infection, and infections of the upper airways can rarely penetrate into the brain. But someone with an infection around the brain would have far more severe symptoms than what you describe, including profound sickness, fever, significant headache, and altered mental status.

No, this is usually not something that warrants an ER visit and it would be fine to make an appointment. Certainly, if someone starts with a sensory seizure and it then generalizes, that would warrant urgent attention, but the symptoms that you describe are not indicative of a generalized seizure. If you have some of these symptoms and then lose consciousness, that would be worrisome and it would be appropriate to be seen emergently.

If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.