Neuro Doctor
Neuro Doctor, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

I wanted to find out about which test would let me know if

Customer Question

I wanted to find out about which test would let me know if there is anything wrong with my brain. I want the most advanced test. Please tell me doc what to do.
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I forget too much which let's me know something is wrong with the brain.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Neuro Doctor replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

In these circumstances doing just one test may not be sufficient rather you would need a group of neurological tests to find out what kind of brain injury is causing your symptoms.

You need tests which help in finding out the cause for your memory loss and the following are the various tests that can help.

1) Certain blood tests (like vitamin b12, folate, lyme, thyroid etc)

2) A Brain scan (MRI scan of the brain)

3) A PET scan of the brain especially Amyloid PET scan of the brain

4) An EEG (Study of the brain waves)

5) A Spinal tap or Lumbar puncture to test the CSF (Cerebrospinal fluid).

If any of the above tests have already been done then there is no need to repeat it. If you see any of the above tests have not already been conducted then please ask your neurologist to arrange for these tests and these tests can help in finding out the precise cause for your brain related symptoms and also help in instituting the appropriate treatments.

Please let me know if you have any further questions; and if you feel you have received the answer to your question please rate me so that I can receive credit for the time and effort put by me in answering your question.

Best regards,

Neuro Doctor

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to JA. I see that you put out a request for a phone call, so I will put out the phone call option box. Just put your phone number into the box, as only I will see the number, and I will call you. If there is a special time you wish to be called, let me know. If you would rather prefer to discuss this by chat here online, just let me know. Dr Frank

Hi, I have mentioned the different neurological tests that can help in finding out the cause and nature of your brain injury. Please go through the information provided by me earlier when you get some free time, and if you have any further questions or in need of any further clarification then please get back to me and we can discuss this in detail further.

Best regards,

Neuro Doctor