Neuro Doctor
Neuro Doctor, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

I cut my knuckle on my middle finger deep. I could move my

Customer Question

I cut my knuckle on my middle finger deep. I could move my fingers. when I flexed my finger I felt a pop. I cannot fully lift my finger up. un hangs down. dr in er only took xray and stitched it up. said woulb be fine. I am worried there might be more tendon damage.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Neuro Doctor replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

Although without proper examination it is difficult to tell whether there is definitely any damage to the tendon however based on the information provided by you tendon damage cannot be entirely ruled out. Inability to fully lift the middle finger implies there is a possibility of damage to the tendon controlling the movements of the middle finger (more specifically the extensor tendon of the middle finger). An x ray cannot diagnose tendon injuries and you need an MRI of the hand/finger to identify a tendon damage. You may please ask your doctors to arrange for an MRI scan so that we can confidently rule in or rule out a tendon injury and then treated appropriately depending upon the final precise diagnosis.

Please let me know if you have any further questions; and if you feel you have received the answer to your question please rate me so that I can receive credit for the time and effort put by me in answering your question.

Best regards,

Neuro Doctor