Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

I have had a total of four lumbar surgeries. Being the first

Customer Question

I have had a total of four lumbar surgeries. Being the first one, I went into toxic shock from a terrible infection. A second Surgeon did an antibiotic flush and them put a PIC-line in for six months ,and the next six, by mouth. After a year past,he did hardware removal due to infection was all over it. He couldn't get all of it out, leaving a pocket of the toxic fluid on the inside part of my spine. Since then, I've had symtom after symtom as time past, now I can't hardly walk or use my hands,and I have pain in all of my bones. I also feel sick and severally exhausted all the time. My question to you, is could it be the pocket of fluid that was left behind leaking into my body or seeping into my bones ?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello Welcome to JA. I will review your statement and reply shortly. Please review this preliminary answer and ask questions as needed. We can discuss this until you are satisfied. Dr Frank

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

To answer your question, it seems you are discussing osteomyelitis, that is a chronic bone infection (in your case in the lumbar vertebra?) and with that a suppurative infiltrate which is the "pocket of fluid" you describe. It is possible, but I cannot comment from here, without seeing you, examining you, and reviewing your films. If you would like me to review your MRI reports or any information, you can upload it here but remember to take off your name or identifying information as this is a public forum. I will then return to write an explanation of the findings or whatever you wish. Please ask questions if I can help, or if satisfied, please remember to rate my service as that is how I am compensated for this work. Just click on the rating stars. Dr Frank