Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

My left ear will not pop. It's been this way fro over a

Customer Question

My left ear will not pop. It's been this way fro over a week. also have a loud ringing in my ear.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to JA. The most likely reason for this problem is some impaction at the Tympanic membrane, such as wax or a foreign body or infection/folliculitis of the external ear canal. Alternatively, if you have severe sinus disease, you can have a blocked Eustachian tube leading up to your middle ear canal, that anti-histamines is not opening up. If that is the case, have you tried just saline nose spray? In the first case, with wax or impaction, you should have some sensation in your ear canal, noted by wiggling your ear,, or putting your finger into the canal, etc. With the second possibility, you may not notice anything. An ENT doc will use his otoscope and then an endoscope if needed to investigate. Please get back to me with questions and I will respond, or if satisfied please remember to rate my service as that is how I am compensated for this work, just click on the rating stars. thanks *****

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Please get back to me with questions, if you need suggestions on medications, etc. Dr Frank