Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I am really confused and having a hard time. (I am male 45.

Customer Question

Hello, I am really confused and having a hard time. (I am male 45. Diabetic) About 2 years ago I collapsed and died and was resuscitated in a coma for a couple of days. When I woke I could not walk talk write even hold a spoon. I was told I would never
work again. I had a pt try to help me to walk and tried a walker, but I would just fall break a wrist or ribs. Then all of a sudden I started to get better. I have had every test under the sun, they have tried the air tests in my ears. I have had ct scans,
none show seizure nor stroke. At times I still just loose strength and balance and also my speech becomes difficult to understand. I also get spastic movements at times and I am not sure what to do. My neurologist suggests seeing an ENT and getting botox in
my throat. My psychiatrist had me on Xanax 2mg twice a day, I slowly backed of it because the episodes were not daily. I had asked for something less potent and quick acting but short duration. He moved me to Klonopin and again it just did not help. The one
thing that had worked almost immediately was in the hospital I was given valium via iv and that worked in no time at all. I asked to change from klonopin to valium but the tabs just do not work. I have done my own research and believe my symptoms are indicative
of Distonia.The neurologist has also prescribed me Zomig and I am taking and have been (adeall 30mg IR 2x). Before I collapsed I was on the highest PDR recommended dosages of xanaex, cymbalta, and a couple of other anti-depressants. The week after is when
I collapsed, I wanted to lower the dosages over time but the Dr took me off them. Also my symptoms are magnified and manifest when I get anxiety, as well as when I gp without sleep for a couple of days (I know that is not healthy and am trying to adjust but
I am just stressed all the time). Please help.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.