Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

MRI revealed a 7mm lesion on my C3 vertebrae I also gave a

Customer Question

MRI revealed a 7mm lesion on my C3 vertebrae I also gave a mass in my Sphenoid sinus 1.1mm I'm having a hard time breathing at night chest and upper back spasms I also use a CPAP I see a neurosurgeon tomorrow what can I expect
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello welcome to JA. I will send you a preliminary reply shortly. Please read that answer and ask questions. We can discuss this until you are satisfied. Dr Frank

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Do you have the MRI report? Please upload it leaving off your name or identifying information as this is a public forum. Dr Frank

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have cervical radiculopathy and arthritis bone spurs and an Arnold Chiari (found 3 years ago) numbness in face, hand, on occasion cluster headaches weakness frozen shoulder, extreme neck and head sweating and the last 3 months upper chest and upper back spasms..I also have had mid back pain and L4-L5 S1 pain..nothing helps any of this pain.. for 10 years..neck issues for 30 years gotten worse over the last 8 years
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

I see. How can I help you tonight? Did you have surgery for the AC malformation (do you know what type?) already? That C3 lesion, is it a bone cyst, a ependymoma? anything on the report? Dr Frank

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the MRI report of my neck..I had a CT scan of my sinuses but I don't have that report as the ENT was out on vacation and hasn't read it yet. I'm on my phone and I can take a photo of the MRI report
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

I could explain the MRI report to you if you don't understand the jargon. Without seeing the films, it is hard for me to tell you about your lesion. Dr Frank

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not have surgery on my AC as the neurologist I saw said it wasn't causing any of my issues at the time..my ortho doc said the AC is still in the same position it was 3 years ago..I had the new MRI because the ortho doc wanted to make sure there weren't any changes..then he saw all of this and said no to neck surgery. Did you get the photo of the MRI report?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do have the MRI and CT discs. I'm just wondering what the chances are that this lesion is cancerous. The report doesn't mention this but the Ortho sai there were additional lesions. 1 between my eyes, 1 near the pituitary and he said a few more but wasn't specific as this is not his area of expertise
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure if you need to know, but I do have uncontrolled type II diabetes and gastroparesis..I'd like to assume that my chronic pain in my neck and back is nerve pain I'm just looking fire some relief. I have a drawer full of meds that don't help. Any suggestions? I've also tried acupuncture, tens unit,PT, massage, chiropractic, epidurals, Lidocaine patches..neck pillow..heat/ice..
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

HI. I did not get a copy of the MRI report. You would have to upload the report, or send it by email to Customer Service and they will upload the report for me. To determine if this is nerve pain, such as cervical radiculopathy, you need the neurological exam with a motor exam, checking reflexes and any sensory findings. You might then need an EMG/NCS study to look at the nerves as they exit the cervical spine. I will wait to see if the MRI report arrives, maybe I can send you some important information. Dr Frank

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Saw the neurosurgeon today he treated me like I was wasting his time. Told me the lesion is probably a hematoma and why was I there to see him. I was pretty pissed off at his arrogant demeanor..i asked him if he had my CT Results from my ENT he said yes and that he would leave it alone. I have yet to get those results from the ENT..so apparently it's not a big deal..so why am I in so much pain?
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

I don't know enough to tell you why you are in pain. I will put out the phone call option, if you wish I can call you to discuss your issue. Dr Frank