Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

Have experienced extreme pain which I thought was from my

Customer Question

Have experienced extreme pain which I thought was from my shoulder ...not ...coming from my c 5, 6 and 7 ...had xrays then prednisone 6 pack which helped tremendously and am scheduled for an injection into the area at a local hospital sometime in the next few weeks; however doctor is talking surgery already ...I won't even consider that at this point and want to know what I can do going forward to prevent the extreme pain , support the discs, etc. I am fairly recently widowed and live alone and want to stay independent forever if possible ...would appreciate feed back and some light at the end of the tunnel.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 1 year ago.

Hi Sherrin,

I'm Dr Chaithanya, attending you today.

Before we discuss all the possible options, can I know the diagnosis that was made by the doctor?