Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

In layman terms...what does moderate bilateral

Customer Question

in layman terms...what does moderate bilateral pelvicaliureterectasis extending into the level of the bladder mean?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello welcome to JA. I will review your question and get back to you with a response, shortly. You can then reply to that answer and we can discuss this until you are satisfied.

Dr. Frank

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

pelvically ureterectasis is a condition where pressure within the bladder is increased. The most common reason is an outflow obstruction of the urethra (the tube running through your penis) from an enlarged prostrate gland or prostate cancer or a urethra stricture which is commonly caused by infections such as STDs. Now, when the outflow from the bladder is obstructed the pressure builds up and that pressure will effect the ureters which are tiny tubes draining urine from the kidneys into the bladder. You get a process called VUR (vesicular ureteral reflux) where the pressure dialates the ureter. That dilation is called pelvically ureterectasis. This dilation can also be caused further up in the ureter and there are also other causes for this disorder.

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Please get back to me if you have further questions. Or if satisfied please remember to rate my service as that is how I am compensated from my work. Just click on the rating stars. Thanks.

Dr. Frank