Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

I am on blood thinners---taking Pradaxa 110mg in the morning

Customer Question

I am on blood thinners---taking Pradaxa 110mg in the morning and 110mg in the evening. Recently I injured my left bicep on a golf swing---Nov. 16th was injury date but nothing serious happened until the 23rd of Nov.---with swelling and extreme pain and bruising on the surface. Went into emergency was told nothing can be done because of the blood thinners that I take.
My question to you is 220mg too much and should I reduce the intake until the swelling and internal bleeding stops?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to JA. I will review your statement and send a preliminary reply shortly. Please read that and ask questions. I will then answer and we can discuss this until you are satisfied. Dr Frank

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

First a question. Do you have non-valvular atrial fibrillation, deep vein thrombosis and/or spontaneous pulmonary embolism? Do you have kidney disease? Let me know,

Dr. Frank.