Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

I have been having terrible pains in my left side starting

Customer Question

I have been having terrible pains in my left side starting from my neck radiating down to my shoulder and sometimes into my arms but not like a paying into the arm more like numbness or weakness and sometimes tingling. The real pain was my lower back, sort of like my internal obliques I was told. And very much so my sacroiliac joint. But seems now it's all moved to just my whole left side of my back into my neck. What should I do
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello Welcome to JA I will send you an answer shortly. Please review this preliminary answer and respond, we can then discuss your issue until you are satisfied. Dr Frank

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hi. The most likely scenario given your story is that you had a significant trauma 18 months ago, and in both your cervical and lumbar spine including your sacroiliac joint you have degenerative changes of the spine. What these are I cannot say precisely without a neurological exam and some imaging which can be done cheaply with a cervical, lumbar and pelvic x ray series to look at the "bone remodeling" that has gone on over this time, or better with MRI's of the same area (not the pelvis) that looks at soft tissue changes/disc degeneration as well as those bone changes (osteophytic growth). If you want a name, most likely you have some degree of cervical stenosis in the setting of a C4/5, 5/6 and or 6/7 disc from the trauma. In the lumbar spine I cannot say but if you have pain that is lancinating coming from your lower back down your legs then that is possible as well, and in the sacroiliac you have sclerosis of the SI joint as a result of the shift from trauma. That is the most common issues. All of the acquired data should then be compared to the films that were taken at the time of your MVA for comparison, and a lawyer contacted if you have financial problems to pay your bills. Here in the NYC area this would be routine. Please get back to me with questions if I can help from here and I will respond. Or if satisfied with this answer, please remember to rate my service as that is how I am compensated for my work. Just click on the stars. Dr Frank