How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Frank Your Own Question
Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 9000
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr. Frank is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can neurologist detect pelvic nerve damage. What kind of

Customer Question

How can neurologist detect pelvic nerve damage. What kind of testing!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to JA. I will review your statement and respond. I assume you have had an MRI scan (anatomic MRI) or a CT scan of the pelvis? If you have problems with specific nerves, like the pudendal nerve in the pelvis that runs under the bladder, you can get a surface EMG/NCS study (electromyogram). That is a study where the neurologist locates the area where the nerve lies under the skin and then stimulates it and records its electrical signal to test if it is damaged or intact, and to what degree. I will attach an abstract on this technique that was published earlier.

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

as you requested a phone call, I will put out the option box, just enter your phone number and I can call you to discuss this personally. Dr Frank

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

There may be a another way but would need to ask you questions. we can discuss this here online or over the phone. let me know Dr Frank