Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Dear Dr., I spoke with you back on October 23. I had the

Customer Question

Dear Dr. Frank, I spoke with you back on October 23. I had the epidural with platelet lysates on September 3 of this year, a few months ago. I had this procedure done for a herniated disc in my neck and pain in my left arm. But, after the procedure I started
to have pain in my right hand and arm. It started about 3 days after the procedure for about several hours and then it went away. But then three weeks later, I started to have pain in my nerve near my elbow. And the pain has gotten worse and spread to my hand.
I started to have pain and itching in the palm of my hand especially below my thumb and below my wrist. I had pain in my fingers. And I felt a weird sensation in the right edge of my pinky. During that conversation you suggested that I may have arachnoiditis.
Well since that conversation I have been getting worse. In addition to the pain near my elbow, my whole right arm feels heavy and has a constant dull ache every time I use it. My right arm is actually a lot worse than my left arm which was the arm that I had
that platelet lysates epidural for in the first place. In addition, I have also been having pain in my back both lower and upper. And burning, tightness, pain in my buttocks and legs, back of the legs, inner and outer thigh, pain in the knees, feet. The pain
in the back, buttocks and legs have been more temporary than the pain in the right arm and hand. I have been feeling them more in the evening and night and then they go away. But the pain in the buttocks and legs are coming more often. All these symptoms definitely
sound like arachnoiditis and they are progressively getting worse. I went to see a board certified neurologist. He examined me and then he said that he wants to do an EMG test on both my arms and he said that he will decide whether to order the MRI with GAD
based on the results of that test. So he did the EMG test on both my arms and also my neck. I came back for the results several days later and he said that everything in the EMG test results was normal. A few weeks ago I had another MRI of my neck but it was
not with GAD. The neurologist briefly looked at it and said that he did not see arachnoiditis, but again it did not have the GAD. The neurologist said that he does not see arachnoiditis, but he gave me a referral to the neurology department of a university
hospital. He said that their neurologists would know more about arachnoiditis than he would. So my question is, is it possible to have arahnoiditis in the neck and to have a normal EMG test in the arms and neck? Or is it possible that the EMG test results
were not accurate? And if the EMG is normal then why do I have the pain and constant heaviness and dull ache in my right arm and pain in my right hand? The neurologist did not do an EMG on the buttocks, legs or back. Can arachnoidiits in the neck cause pain
in the upper and lower back and buttocks and legs? Would it cause pain in the neck itself?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.