Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

I am having sever pain across the lower area of my back in

Customer Question

I am having sever pain across the lower area of my back in tail bone area through to both hips. What recourse do I have . Pain level is at a 9 to 10 and can barely stand walking.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello, welcome to JA. I will review your statement and give a preliminary reply. Please read that answer and get back to me with questions. Dr Frank

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

the most likely problem you describe is called sacroiliitis, an inflammation of the sacrum/ilium, and can radiate to both hips. This is part of a degenerative arthritic problem, osteoarthritis, or can be related to osteoporosis if you have severe bone loss at an early age (family history?) as related to perimenstrual syndrome. Maybe you have had some imaging of your lumbar sacral spine. a pelvic xray series looking at the SI joints is helpful, or the MRI of the lumbar spine, but without pain shooting into your legs, this is probably not lumbar disc disease, unless it is the S1 disc. Please get back to me to discuss if I can help, or satisfied with this answer remember to rate my service as that is how I am compensated for this work, click on the stars. Thanks *****

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

when we have a defined diagnosis, I can send you information on possible treatment options, so get back to me Dr Frank