Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Experienced physician in Neurology
41363181

Bob. What might this mean? No intracranial hemorrhage. No

Customer Question

Hi Dr. Bob. What might this mean?
No intracranial hemorrhage. No midline shift. Abnormal T2-weighted signal intensities present in the subcortical white matter regions. Cystlike lesions following CSF signal intensity on all sequences are seen in the posterior pons, predominantly on the right, as well as the right cerebellum. No acute infarction is identified. Most likely either benign cysts such as prominent perivascular spaces or neural glial cysts.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

sounds like you had a brain MRI scan.

No intracranial hemorrhage: no bleeding in the brain.

No midline shift: no abnormal swelling which would distort the brain.

the radiologist are seeing most likely benign cysts or fluid balls in the brain on your brain MRI scan.

the radiologist think they are prominent periventricular spaces or larger than usual fluid spaces next to your ventricles which are normal fluid collections in your brain.

or neural glial cysts which are benign.

these cyst will show up bright on T2 weighted images.

you should see a neurosurgeon about these cysts

but most likely you can just leave them be and just monitor them.

let me know if you have questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well. Not so helpful. I had already told you that it was an MRI when I filled out the further information on the form. So yes it's an MRI, yes and I'll be going to see a neurologist to have it read more thoroughly. But perhaps that was all as much as you could give me based on that information. I guess I was hoping for more detail, which is what I. paid for high level of detail, to better get a sense of what the MRI was telling me. I do appreciate you letting me know you think they are cysts and benign and that I'll probably be able to let them be. I guess I will wait to go and see the neurologist.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

get a copy of your MRI scan report.

can you upload your whole MRI scan report?

Neuroglial cysts are congenital lesions that develop a sequestration of neural tube embryonic elements that develop into a glial cell lined, fluid filled cavities in the brain

that means they would have been there since you were born.

have you ever had a brain MRI or CT scan before in your life?

prior scans would be able to tell if these were there before.