Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

I HAVE MILD DIZZNESS - SEEM TO BE IN GOOD HEALTH OTHERWISE -

Customer Question

I HAVE MILD DIZZNESS - SEEM TO BE IN GOOD HEALTH OTHERWISE - I AM 79 AND HAVE SOME HEARING LOSS IN MY LEFT EAR - HOW DO I GET RID OF THE DIZZNESS ? SEEMS TO BE POSITIONAL
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to JA. I will review your statement and reply shortly. Please review this preliminary answer or answer questions I asked and we can discuss this until you are satisfied

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hi. The dizzyness you describe as being positional ( what position?) could still be central or peripheral as an origin. Central being VBI vertebrobasilar insufficiency, a loss of blood supply or flow to the brainstem area effecting your hearing and balance/orientation in space. With that you might have other symptoms like numbness on the face, transient double vision???? The other more likely scenario is you have sensorineural hearing loss and with that an effect on your labrinthine organ regulating orientation in space. This is the peripheral origin of your problem. It is imperative that at your age you figure this out as you want to avoid a stroke ( or another stroke). Tell me if you take any meds like plavix or aspirin. Have you had your hearing checked? Get back to me. Dr frank

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Meclizine 12.5 to 25 mg as needed for dizziness. Ask your doctor for a prescription. Please remember to rate my service by clicking on the rating stars if you are satisfied with this answer as that is how I am compensated for my work. thanks *****