Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

HOW DOES IT TAKE FOR YOUR MUSCLES AND LIGEMENTS TO GET BACK

Customer Question

HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR YOUR MUSCLES AND LIGEMENTS TO GET BACK TO NORRMAL AFTER BEING IN BED FOR 12 DAYSWITH OUT THE FEET TOUCHING THE FLOOR, ?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

The answer to that is depending if you were moving at all while in bed, or not moving at all. Your muscles can start to atrophy or lose muscle mass if you are perfectly immobile for those 12 days. But just moving a little, shifting your body weight onto different areas during the day can make all the difference. So the answer to your question depends on how weak you have become while in bed those last 12 days. It can take several weeks to rebuild muscle mass, sometimes it is impossible depending on the degree of loss. Please get back to me to discuss this further if I can help. Ask questions and I will respond. Dr Frank