Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

My legs below knee are VERY sensitive to touch, not just

Customer Question

my legs below knee are VERY sensitive to touch, not just front or back but all around both with no bruising? not muscle pain, skin pain. I have red spider viens but not blue vericous viens there? Yes, I have been told that I have barely any cartlidge between
both knees, had cortisone shots, had fluid injections, no help. Yes, I am overweight. Yes, have arthritis, Everywhere, but this is like , feels like bruised skin?? not muscle, not bone pain?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Is the pain and sensitivity of the skin mainly around your knees?

You do not have any swelling of the legs do you?

No redness of the skin?

If you press a thumb on the shin does it leave an indention?

What have you been taking for the knee pain/arthritis in general?

If pain is due to arthritis pain from the knees then taking an anti-inflammatory may help a bit but I suspect that you already do this...

You may benefit from applying capsaicin ( one brand is Zostrix) every 8 hours to area of pain...

I think that is is key here to rule out a few problems which may be the cause ( my primary suspect so far based on your history would be the arthritis of the knee joints BUT we want to make sure that you may not be dealing with other problem that could cause pain below the knee >> DVT ( blood clots in the calf veins) cellulitis ( infection under the skin) edema ( swelling due to fluid retention in the tissues) peripheral neuropathy , peripheral artery disease ( poor blood circulation to the legs)

If due to arthritis of the knees then I would suspect that you may have more pain with standing or stress to the knees ( especially going up a few stairs)

Let me know what other details that you may which may be helpful ..

I hope that this information is helpful for you. let me know if you have further information, questions, discussion.. I will be happy to get back with you! If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. Thank You and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD