Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.
88123236

I have idiopathic intracranial hypertension. it has been

Customer Question

I have idiopathic intracranial hypertension. it has been going well and my papilledema has reduced. not due to see my eye doctor until the beginning of december. my eye now feels swollen and i have some floating black dots. wondering if it is an eye infection or IIH related
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any thoughts? I have been on acetazolamide since january and everything has been going well. this month i have reduced the dose to 250mgs every other day. Think it is an infection or stye. difficult to see the eye doctor.
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 1 year ago.

I'm Dr Chaithanya, an Experienced Physician, attending you today!

Blind spots, Eye swelling, nausea, vomiting, headache are all signs of raised Intracranial pressure.

Infection of eye should have itching, irritation, burning of eyes or redness, watering in the eyes.

Stye is a small lump in the inner or outer side of the eyelid.

If you don't have the symptoms of infection of eye or a lump, then it might be due to raised intra cranial pressure.

The symptoms can be related directly to decrease in the dose of acetazolamide and thus increase in intracranial pressure, that is IIH related.

I suggest you go consult a doctor, or slightly increase the dose of acetazolomide [this can be planned in between dose as previous month's and present month's dose.

Hope I have provided with useful information.

Request you to rate positively, only then I'm compensated from just answer.

There is always an option for bonus beside rating!

Wish you speedy recovery, Good day!

All the best in your life.

Hi, How are you now? Can I request you to click on positive rating, only then I'm compensated from just answer for answering the question.

Thank you. Have a great day!