Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

I have lower back pain with cold feeling on my right side

Customer Question

Hi, I have lower back pain with cold feeling on my right side going into my groin. It don't seem so bad when I move around.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to JA. I can tell you from your statement that the most likely problem is you have a degree of spinal stenosis (arthritis effecting the lumbar spine) and with that a possibility of a problem called cauda equina syndrome, where the lumbar roots from higher in the lumbar spine as they exit the spinal cord get trapped by the lumbar discs further down, giving you groin sensations or pain. The fact that you are stiff and worse in the morning, but get better as you move is suggestive of this diagnosis. Questions: Do you have pain into your legs further down, as into your calves or numbness in your legs/feet? Is the pain increased with prolonged sitting? or with bowel movements? Have you had any testing? xrays, MRI of the lumbar spine, EMG testing? If you have had studies and wish me to review them, just paste the reports into the text box, leaving out your name as this is a public forum. Please get back to me if I can help. Dr Frank

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

I hope I was able to answer your question. Please get back to me with questions and I will reply. If satisfied please remember to rate my service as that is how I am compensated for my work. Click on the stars. Dr Frank

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Levi, get back to me with questions if I can help you with this situation. Dr Frank