Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

I was recently diagnosed with small vessel ischemic change

Customer Question

I was recently diagnosed with small vessel ischemic change and also possible left mastoiditis. Could you give me a quick definition for this condition?
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the discovery after a serious illness/pneumonia and vertigo; which resulted in a ER visit.
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

These are two issues that are not related. The mastoiditis is an inflammation or residual from a sinus/ middle ear canal infection. The small vessel ischemic disease (leukoaraiosis) could be related to several things alone or in combination which include HTN diabetes migraine high cholesterol smoking. Family history can do this etc

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

The mastoiditis is what precipitated the vertigo and the bug is what contributed to pneumonia

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

What do you have on the list to give you the small vessel ischemic disease?

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Yes. You got it. Try some muscular relaxation exercises (biofeedback) and maybe you can eliminate one potential cause?