Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Question.: My dad was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer in

Customer Question

Question for Dr. Frank: My dad was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer in Aug. During that time they called in a neurology team to look at a tremor he had in his left hand. The first doctor did not think it was Parkinsons, the second thought it might be.
Anyway he is on his second treatment of chemotherapy of Alimta and Carboplatin. Since the treatment began he has exhibited some symptoms that are very classic to Parkinsons. He did not have these symptoms before chemo so it is hard to know if they are chemo
side effects of something else. He is very weak and unbalanced, sometimes taking very small steps. But the most disturbing thing is he has developed a very blank expression, along with holding his mouth open and drooling. So my questions are these: 1. Will
chemo exacerbate an early case of Parkinsons? 2. Is it possible the symptoms of Parkinsons can progress that quickly, from a slight tremor in August to severe symptoms in November? 3. Is Parkinsons hereditary?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello,I'm Camille, and I’m a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested Expert a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online.
If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.
Best,
Camille
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

What will happen if he doesn't have the chemo due to side effect concerns?

Are there other options available?

Do your dad have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.