Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurology & Int Medicine (US Trained): 20 yrs experience
61817858

I think I may have rheumatoid arthritis. I have times when

Customer Question

I think I may have rheumatoid arthritis. I have times when the pain in my feet,ankles, wrists, toes and other parts of my body are extremely bad and I have to stay in bed. My whole body feels weak and painful. The knuckles on my hands are white and big. I get little blisters under the skin in my fingertips. When this flares up it is unbearable. I sometimes feel like I have a fever. It's been going on for 5 years now and I do think that certain foods make it flare up. I really hate the thought of going on strong medications and I am so much into natural remedies but this is out of control. It is ruining my life! Also, I get swollen lumps around my ankles and wrists.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

You need to see a rheumatologist to have RA or other inflammatory conditions ruled out as a cause of your severe symptoms. If an accurate diagnosis can be made, you can get on a treatment plan and get better!