Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

My daughter EEG report describe like This is an abnormal

Customer Question

My daughter EEG report describe like This is an abnormal routine EEG in a sedated sleep state due to intermittent, polymorphic delta slowing that is most prominent in the right temporal region; the right hemisphere also lacks the admixture that is seen
in the left hemisphere.. Can u describe me what exact they say..?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

Any other medical issues?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to know what my tht report say??
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to JA. I am a neurologist and will answer your questions. The eeg was abnormal with an increase in slower waves (delta waves) in the right temporal region. The amount of generalized slowing seen in the entire record suggested that this was a sleep study, that she was sleeping during the EEG, or under the influence of medications like phenobarbital or Ativan (lorazepam) that might have been given for a reason. Did your daughter have a seizure or some trauma? This record said that them normal percentages of beta, alpha, theta and delta waves (normal admixture) was missing from the right hemisphere. That would suggest a problem specific to the right hemisphere, it could be a stroke or a tumor or an infection, it is non-specific. Please get back to me to discuss this further if I can help, or rate this reply if satisfied. thanks *****