Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

Ok so everyday I get this pain in the back of my neck that

Customer Question

Ok so everyday I get this pain in the back of my neck that goes from one side to the other then later I get a headache this started a few days ago any clue what this could be
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to JA. From your description given your age and gender, the most likely diagnosis is cervicogenic headache. This is related to bone loss/remodeling of the cervical spine giving rise to irritated nerve routes and cervical muscle spasm. That rises to the occipitalis muscle and then frontalis giving you a tension type headache. I will attach a webpage. Take a look and respond. Dr Frank

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

http://jaoa.org/article.aspx?articleid=2093083