Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

I have a callous or something hard growing on my left foot

Customer Question

I have a callous or something hard growing on my left foot on the outside and below my little toe. I was going to a podiatrist in the local care clinic and he has been shaving it with a sharp tool, but soon it grows back and it hurts. When I changed my shoes, it helped for a short while but now it hurts all the time while walking. Can you suggest something?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hi. I will review your statement and then reply. Dr Frank

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

You have to use a strong moisturizing crème that contains urea, a mild alkaline substance that softens calloused skin. You wrap the area in saran wrap or clear plastic wrap after putting the crème on at night. They will soften, and then not need to be trimmed anymore. There is also changing your shoes to a wider model, or using callous protective pads that are sold over the counter I will attach a webpage of a callous crème that you could purchase online and then try. Dr Frank

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

http://www.puritan.com/skin-care-012/callus-treatment-cream-008363

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

please get back to me to discuss this further if I can help, ask questions and I will reply. If satisfied with this answer, please remember to rate my answer as that is how I am compensated for my work. thank you *****