Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

Weird feeling, but was watering plants this weekend, and had

Customer Question

Weird feeling, but was watering plants this weekend, and had the feeling that my mind "skipped" a few seconds....it was like I said to myself, did that just happen?It was like I forgot where I was.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. You are describing a fugue state. All perfectly normal. Like when you drive down the highway you don't remember looking at every sign even though you probably do. The mind uses filtering to dump unnecessary stimuli from our "sensorium" so you were there but you dont retain. Recent studies on the function of deep sleep is just that, to clear the memory centers of extraneous memories of the day

We donot need. There is physically increased fluid flow between brain cells to flush out metabolites during sleep as welll. So you were resting your mind. Dr frank