Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

32 y/o fm. i have ms. in 2014 i was hospitalized was thought

Customer Question

32 y/o fm. i have ms. in 2014 i was hospitalized for what was thought to be a relapse. i came home and woke up with bruising all over my legs. i went from 150lbs to 138. over time i gained weight. i have been 145lbs for a year now but over these past few months i am more and more fatigued. no appetite at all. my face is gaunt. i have some leg pain and body aches. i fear i may have cancer. should i be concerned?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

fatigue is one of the most profound symptoms seen in MS. There have been books written just on that subject. I will attach a reference to treating fatigue in MS. This therefore is unlikely to be something new, although you cannot exclude another condition without an evaluation including history, PE and laboratory testing. But if your new issue is fatigue alone, than I would implicate MS first. Do you have relapsing remitting MS or secondarily progressive? Let me know how I can help, I will attach that text on fatigue in MS Dr Frank

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

http://www.ebooks.com/290546/fatigue-in-multiple-sclerosis/lauren-krupp-md/

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I didn't get a response from you to have a discussion regarding your fatigue in the setting of RRMS (?) In any case, there is a medication, modafinil or armodafinil now that is effective in treating fatigue in MS patients, there is also some nutritional suggestions that have proven of benefit. Please get back to me if you need information regarding your concern. We can also discuss the newer immunomodulary medications available for MS if you are interested. Dr Frank