Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

My 26 year old very healthy son nearly passed out 15 minutes

Customer Question

My 26 year old very healthy son nearly passed out 15 minutes ago. He yelled for me and he was laying on the kitchen floor. He is sweating from head to toe and is very pale. I took his paulse and its only about 50 beats per minute. He says he is feeling better and is now
freezing cold. We got him to the living room and is laying on the couch. He has no chest
pains or shortness of breath, and no tingling in his arms. Should we take him to emergency
or watch him for a few minutes.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to JA. Do you know or suspect the reason for his passing out? If not you need to take him to a doctor to determine cause. If he is stable without chest pain palpitations ( pounding in his chest) or any other symptoms you can wait to take him to a clinic. Get back to me to discuss. Dr Frank