DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years
24257177

I have a platelet count of 461, the rest of my blood work is

Customer Question

I have a platelet count of 461, the rest of my blood work is fine. I have not been feeling well for sometime now. I have osteoarthritis throughout my body. I am always tired, I have a lot of muscle spasms. 461 is not very high so should I just ignore it for now.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.

Hi

This is well within lab variability ranges, and you are correct, it is not very high.

However, it can be a sign of iron deficiency, and I would have serum iron, TIBC, % saturation and ferritin fun.

An IRON studies panel, single blood test.

And talk to your doctor about your symptoms.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.