Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

My daughter was born 1984 with Reactive Airway Disease,

Customer Question

My daughter was born 1984 with Reactive Airway Disease, Tracheal Stenosis,and Sickle Cell Disease (SS/100%), but when she died 2001,her death was listed as
1. Cardiopulmonary Failure - 45 mins.
2. Pneumococcol Sepsis -12 hrs.
3. Sickle Cell Disease -17 yrs.
She was receiving Interferon Therapy for about 2 yr but there was no improvements in 1997 so it was stopped.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to JA. I am very sorry for your loss of a child. I am an Adult Neurologist, not a pulmonologist. Your question was sent to Neurology. You did not ask a specific question, so I am here to help if I can. If you are questioning specifics of the autopsy report, please ask if there are questions that fall under Neurology and I will answer them, otherwise, let me know if this is pulmonary/infectious disease, and I can tell the moderators to change this to the correct category of expert, ok? Dr Frank