Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

Curious question and need someone that can read mri's I

Customer Question

Curious question and need someone that can read mri's I guess. Had a MRI while on active duty said early normal hydrocelphlus pressure in like 2002....then was sent to a neuropsychology (if that is correct) for memory issue's, wrong words coming out etc......in
2007 I think another MRI and it said normal hydrocelphlus pressure.....in 2009 I seemed out the neuropsychology but I passed their test...and putted of therapy. I fill I am functional but someone read my two MRI's and not knowing me(they just did this online)
asked if I am bipolar. Does nph just go away or is it something the Veterans Affairs just doesn't want to address? I always get horrible headaches which I don't know what the are but one civilian neuro said migraines but didn't want to sent me to a specialist
but this really sucks.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. If you need me to review your MRI"s you can upload them and come back with the username email, password ***** your phone number. I will then review them and call you with the result. the website is www.image32.com. I will send the option box as provided by JA. Dr Frank

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought I may attach files here.
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

HI. This service does not have the capability to view MRI files. that is your only option here. Dr Frank

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No worries but thanks. I did send them to someone else....was just curious of why they would have "seen a mental health" behavior from the MRI.
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

No way to diagnose mental illness based on clinical MRI. There is fMRI or functional MRI. Using desaturated hemoglobin you can map changes in regional cerebral blood flow as it might relate to brain activation. So they give you a task while in the MRI and record activity. Did they do that? Dr Frank

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

I hope that answers your question. Please remember to rate my service as that is how I am compensated for this work. Dr Frank