Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

About 2 weeks ago I had surgery after I received a stab

Customer Question

About 2 weeks ago I had surgery after I received a stab wound to the neck. I was told my neck muscle where I was stabbed was severed( not sure its that's what they said). I have very limited movement of my right arm and now it feels like circulation is being cut off. There's constant pain and tingling. My upper arm is a little swollen. It's tender sometimes. I been wondering if I should go to the doctor for this.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to JA. I will review your statement and return to answer your question. Dr Frank

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

HI. Try to explain as best you can exactly where you were stabbed. Was it in the back of your neck, or the side or front? Where is the pain and tingling? Do you have any numbness anywhere on your shoulder or down to your hand on that side? I will try to determine how severe is this problem and help you decide on the doctor issue. Dr Frank