Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

I have been prediagnosed with Myasthenia Gravis....what is

Customer Question

I have been prediagnosed with Myasthenia Gravis....what is the treatment, and prognosis ?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to JA. I will provide you with information about MG until you are satisfied. There is a lot of information on myasthenia gravis available online. You cannot make general statements in this disorder as there is a lot of variability. Most patients have mild disease but some can require intubation and plasmapheresis to clear antibodies from their blood.

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

One thing I can tell you right away is you need a neurologist with experience in MG. the MG Foundation is a good source for information.

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

www.myasthenia.org. Where I trained in Pittsburgh the was a myasthenia clinic only for ocular and MG patients. You need that level of care if you have severe disease. I see you are already on mestinon. Have you been checked for thymoma? Any other diseases you have that would make this a myasthenic syndrome rather than MG? Base your doctor considered steroids or plasmapheresis? Do you know your antibody levels? Please get back to me if I can help from here or if satisfied please rate my answer as that is how i am compensated for my work. Click on the stars dr Frank

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I hope I was able to send you useful information. Please remember to rate this answer as that is how I am compensated for my work . Just click on the rating stars. thank you. Dr Frank