Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

About 9 years back I went to a neurologist because I was

Customer Question

About 9 years back I went to a neurologist because I was having pain in my right thumb. When x rays were don it was found that I had a bulging disk really bad in my neck. A anterior surgery was done and a plate and a cadaver bone was put in. No help for the pain in my thumb So the same doctor performed a posterior surgery which did no good so the same doctor did yet another posterior surgery was performed no help for my thumb. So I saw another neurologist and he performed 2 more posterior surgeries. No help for thumb and was told the problem was
caused by the first surgeon screwing up and the only surgery that might help was too dangerous because of the high risk that I might be paralyzed. Now I still have the thumb pain plus burning pain and some times numbness in my arms and hands, Should I see another neurologist to see if maybe This Dr could find something
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to JA. I will reply after review of your statement

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Hard to say with the information given. Would you be able to upload your most recent MRI report? An operative report or an emg report? If you have had 4 surgeries on your cervical spine, my answer would be no to another surgery as statistically it is unlikely to help. I hope that answers your questions. Please get back to me to discuss or remember to rate my service if satisfied by clicking on the stars. Thanks dr Frank