Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

I had a cervical epidural in the beginning of September of

Customer Question

I had a cervical epidural in the beginning of September of prp for pain in my left arm from a herniated disc in my neck. Now, 7.5 weeks later, I have pain in my right arm (I had no problems at all in the right side before the epidural). The pain is especially
in the elbow, especially every time I lift or squeeze anything. I also have a lot of itching in my right palm and a burning, tinkgling numb feeling in the side of the tip of my pinky. Also, the pain in the left side has been getting worse too. Does this look
like nerve damage, especially on the right side? What in the epidural could cause this nerve damage? Did the needle insert a nerve, the spinal chord, or could it be the contrast dye that the doctor used? Could the problem be arachnoiditis? Is this nerve damage
permanent or is it possible for me to recover?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

Can you please let me know if you have had MRI of your neck spine done or not.

Kind regards