Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have had a auto accident and my pelvis healed incorrectly,

Customer Question

I have had a auto accident and my pelvis healed incorrectly, I go to pain mgmt. jan 28 but what can I do until then, I had taken lorcet 10/325 and it helped but I cannot get the dr to give me a refill and its 3 months until I get into mgmt.,, I cannot get refill due I was arrested 6 years ago and served my time for being a rider in a car carring drugs (my husband) and I know I was stupid,, but can you recommend anything,, tramadol does little to help
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also I was told they could rebreak but my friend is a DR and recommended against it.. I at my wits end,, I hurt and I am trying to start a new life with a God send of a man ,, we want a family and I am scared of the pain and I am not getting any younger, what are my options, Tylenol 3 works the best,,, I do not want to become additctded, to pain drugs but at the same time I am trying to get to mgmt.,, or is there a way to speed u pain mgmt
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

The only options for pain relief that are available over the counter would be an anti-inflammatory medicine, such as ibuprofen or naproxen, or acetaminophen. It is also OK to use both and alternate between the two types of drugs.

There are prescription medicines that are frequently used for relief of chronic pain, such as gabapentin or pregabalin, but your doctor would need to prescribe such drugs.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here in lies the problem . I have been to 4 Dr's last 3 months.(MARK ,fiance took me) they will not prescribe any because I am in drug watch .. I did my time I am not on drugs been drug free 6 years. But all say wait till pain mgmt.. we started the pain process in march , if I were healthy as people in my community ,Drs prescribe opioid freely but people who need it cannot get anything above naproxin. Even 2 of my Dr's said to rebreak.. but a nuro surgeon said not to. .I'm at my wits end and so is Mark . His family is in the medical field and he is a worship pastor.. we want to follow everything right. And i have been so blessed he is in my life. But we are clueless.. do you have any recommendation in central ky area we can see or clinch we can get i n.. in my wreck I died twice. Had a broken back pelvis. Busted spleen . It was bad . Please if you know anyone I can see

Even if they are not willing to prescribe an opiate, you can discuss whether your regular doctor would be willing to prescribe gabapentin or pregabalin.

An intervention by your primary care doctor contacting the pain management doctor office would also be route by which you would be most likely to be able to get a quicker appointment.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We will give another try.. thank you

You are most welcome.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Very nice but we have tried all the Avenue he has suggested,, thanks

You did not say that you were already tried on the drug I noted above.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually was on lyrica,

If you do not provide complete information, then the answer will reflect the absence of that information.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, we have tried so many thimgs, it's hard to remember,, I was reading something about a new injection that may help,, do u know what or how it works, not sure what it was called

If you cannot name the injection you are referencing, then I cannot comment upon the injection.