Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

I am an 47 year old I fell on my right knee cap ,can't walk

Customer Question

I am an 47 year old I fell on my right knee cap ,can't walk on I. Hurts to bad .swollen
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. the most common problem associated with the mechanism of your injury is prepatellar bursitis, an inflammation of the bursa or fluid pad meant to isolate and lubricate the sliding of your kneecap. If this just happened, you need to follow RICE, rest, ice, compression (ace bandage) and elevation for the first 48 hours at least. You may need an xray if you feel it is fractured (hard to tell just after injury, it can wait until the swelling resolves). Please get back to me if I can help, or if satisfied with this answer please remember to rate my service as that is how I am compensated for my work by clicking on the rating stars. thanks *****

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I hope I was able to send you the information you requested. If not, please get back to me to discuss this further. I can reply until you are satisfied. If satisfied with this answer, please remember to rate my service by clicking on the stars as that is how I am compensated for my work. thanks *****