Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

I have an enlarged left eye that appears to be protruding. I

Customer Question

I have an enlarged left eye that appears to be protruding. I have extreme pressure and migraine pain on my left side of my face. It feels as if something is pulling from the corner of my eye diagonally upwards to the outer opposite corner. In addition, another pulling sensation goes from the corner of my eye straight up. It feels like swelling in my left temple, left nasal canal, left cheek and left forehead. I am also experiencing extreme pain in my left jaw/gum area.
I just had an MRI showing basically all normal findings with the only thing tangible in the impression "likely represents mild chronic small vessel ischemic changes. "
To me when I return to my physician, I will more than likely be told every thing is NORMAL. This will/is not acceptable. I am sitting here with impaired vision due to the hazy feeling in my eye and the constant pain even though I am on a maintenance dose of Topamax 100mg/day.
Any insight regarding my current condition would be greatly appreciate
Category: Neurology
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

You could have giant cell arteritis. You should have a blood test to check CRP and ESR. If it is high, you should have steroid immediately.

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to JA. I will review your statement and reply. Dr frank