Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

Is smoking while recovering from neck surgery a problem? If

Customer Question

Is smoking while recovering from neck surgery a problem? If so why?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. There is no direct contraindication to smoking while recovering from neck surgery. If you have severe vascular disease as a result of smoking for a long period, it could effect the arteries in your neck (the carotids and the vertebrals) and therefore reduce blood perfusion into the areas incision and repair, but by itself it should not slow down healing. Please get back to me with questions and I will return with a reply, or if satisfied with this answer, please remember to rate my service as that is how I am compensated for my work. Just click on the rating stars. Thanks *****

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I hope I was able to send you the answer you needed. Please get back to me if you have further questions about this subject, or remember to rate my answer if satisfied. That is how I am compensated for my work. Thank you Dr Frank