DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years
24257177

I have neck pain that has lasted and the pain goes into my

Customer Question

Hello, I have neck pain that has lasted for awhile and the pain goes into my eye and temple and feels like behind my ear. I had a CT scan in the hospital the other night. There is nothing wrong with my brain but I did have fluid in my ear. Yesterday I felt fine after all of the meds in the IV but today my neck is sore on the right side and it feels tingly in my right side of my head and a little in my arm and hands. The ER doctor said it was virtigo and also treated me with IV antibiotics for an ear infection because of the fluid. I am kind of confused as to what is causing all of this. A previous dr gave me anti-inflamitories and pain meds for my neck muscle.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.

Hello

You need the ear treated.

You need an MRI of the cervical spine most likely.

Disc disease is largely under diagnosed, and this will cause this type of pain syndrome.

Have an exam from your doctor.

See if you need the MRI.

The correct physical therapy is the treatment.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had the ear treated in the hospital ER with IV antibiotics and also antibiotics from a previous clinic doctor. My major concern is the neck pain that tends to go into the right side of my head that I can also feel kind of behind my eye.
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.

Same answer

I suspect disc disease in the cervical spine.

This requires exam and possibly MRI.

OK, so that is an initial answer….