Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Experienced physician in Neurology
41363181

I fell on my right knee 3 days ago and went to my primary

Customer Question

I fell on my right knee 3 days ago and went to my primary care physician yesterday. They did xrays and my primary care doctor did not see any fracture or break. I got a call tonite that the radiologist saw a possible non displaced fracture of the tibia. I see the ortho tomorrow. The swelling has gone down alot and I feel very little pain. i am using a cane to try to keep the weight off of it. What are my options?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

I bet the orthopedic surgeon will recommend a better imaging scan like a knee MRI scan or CT scan to be sure what is going on

if the non displaced fracture of the tibia is small, you might just benefit from a knee brace and icing of the knee and using of the cane to take weight off of the knee to allow it to heal on its own.

an MRI scan or CT scan of the knee will help your ortho doctor make a recommendation.

let me know if you have questions.