Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

Di was injured in a fall two weeks ago. My right arm was

Customer Question

Di was injured in a fall two weeks ago. My right arm was broken but was set that evening. My left arm is extremely weak and won't move correctly. It is very painful upon movement of the wrist tho X-rays showed nothing in the hand or wrist was broken. The problem has to be neurological, right? How can I be seen with no referral and no insurance?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to JA. Please try to tell me what exactly it is you cannot do with your arm. Where was it broken (which bones and where?) do you have numbness on the arm associated with the weakness? where is it numb exactly? When describing your strength, discuss grip strength of each finger and thumb, the wrist extensors or the ability to pull your hand back, your ability to flex at the elbow and extend at the elbow, then elevate the arm. I will try to figure out if a specific nerve is involved. Dr Frank

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Left (problematic) arm not broken. Cannot put Palm up at all pain is excruciating. Drop everything I pick up with that hand but no real numbness just weak and painful. Sharp pain in leftward portion of forearm 6to 7'' from wrist. Cannot hold my brush or lift a cup of coffee... Nothing! Very slight improvement in ability to move with plain aspirin. Nothing touches the pain.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see you can't call. Pain in wrist and inside elbow. Upper outside arm feels like I was struck there. Creaking popping in shoulder area. Fingers move but all are weak. Failure to grasp or hold anything but, again, pain seemingly emanates from inside elbow area.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Putting hand to scalp is very painful. Are you there?
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

sorry, I had a patient, I am kind of busy during the day, but I wanted to speak about this. I will be available by phone later this evening (NYC time) could you put in the request in 8 to 9 hours? I will then call you. Dr Frank

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please credit my monies back to me. This is simply not working.
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

hi. you can contact JA customer service and they will gladly refund your money. I will be back later if you want to try, in about 8 hours or so, if you have any records like an xray report on your fracture that would help. Dr Frank

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You still seem to think the arm that is broken is the issue. It isn't. It is the other arm which is the left. I am going for x-rays with a chiro to speed the process.