Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

I have serious nerve and muscle damage to my lower back due

Customer Question

I have serious nerve and muscle damage to my lower back due to a high school sports injury....it usually only acts up when I am not mobile, ie. Sitting for a long time or trying to get to sleep...I recently had a root canal and they gave me 10 mg of Norco for the pain which, I discovered, worked very well for my night time pain and helping me get to sleep...I can't use it during the day because it makes me drowsy but for those nights when I can't sleep because of the pain Ive found they really help...who should I consult about receiving 15 to 20 10mg pills a month for night time pain? I live in manassas va.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thanks for query,

You should visit pain physician to get a thorough examination and solution to your problem. He can offer you treatment according to your diagnosis and can prescribe appropriate pain killer as well.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.

Wish you good health.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I appreciate the response but I already knew that...what I'm looking for is a name or reference for someone in my area who specializes in this area and writes appropriate pain killing medication...so many doctors are afraid to prescribe such medications or make you jump through a bunch of hoops first...I already have x rays and have tried injections...who would you reccoment or which office should I visit first to request the medication I've described
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thanks for reply,

I can not give you exact name of the physician.You can visit spine care center in manassas VA. You can visit any pain physician there and take all of your previous investigations and images with you.

Best Wishes.