Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

I start reading "Migraine Brain" book written by a

Customer Question

Hi, So I start reading "Migraine Brain" book written by a neurologist and it's very fascinating. Like for example headaches is just one symptom of migraine. And that kids can have migraines in their stomachs without any headaches. So now I am wondering,
whether there could be many other symptoms that I experience when I don't have a headache is just my migraines acting out and not separate illnesses? For example could fatigue, even without headaches, be a symptom of migraine? How about sleepiness? Or maybe
even depression itself (depressive mood), could that be a symptom of migraine, rather than of a distinct psychiatric illness? Or am I extrapolate too much from what I've read so far? But I keep having this strange "lump in the throat" sensations, called "globulus"
I think. I have them with or without headaches, but could they also be my Migraine acting up? Thank You !
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
BTW if you know of any other elucidating yet accessible to an educated layman book about migraines, I would appreciate if you could share the title.
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.
I am not aware of headache books available to read, but do you know about the IHS? the International Headache Society. They have a website and you should go there for information on various topics. Ninan Matthew MD is or actually was one of the biggest headache MD's in the world. I looked and found out he passed away, his clinic was in Houston. there is also Seymour Diamond MD, in Chicago, a huge headache clinic known worldwide, he works with his wife and a number of associates.
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

http://houstonheadache.com/ninan-mathew-md/