Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

Recently had an x Ray done by a chiropractor. I'm concerned

Customer Question

Recently had an x Ray done by a chiropractor. I'm concerned about a small spot located to the left of the spine around the L3. What are the possibilities of this being? I've been experiencing left sided back pain.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to JA I am a US trained board certified Neurologist and I will try to answer your question. Do you have a report on the x ray, do you have the films in digital format? Dr Frank

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have the files
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

I cannot really answer that question for obvious reasons. It could be fractures of the pars compacta, etc. But I would need to see it or I could explain the report written by a radiologist if you have that. If you do get the films as a digital file, you can upload them to a free site, www.image32.com, then return here and give me your username, passwork and phone number. I could then review the films and call you. There is an additional fee for this service as determined by JA. Dr Frank

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This spot was about an inch away from my spinal chord. I'll see if I can find the files on my online account. The xrays we're done in a in house at the chiros practice so I'm not sure if there will be a radiology report
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

HI. Sure, I understand, but without a report and not being able to see the films it is tough to make an intelligent statement. I will put out the option box for reading the film. get back to me if I can help Dr Frank