khagihara
khagihara, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

What can on and off headaches that last week or more then

Customer Question

What can on and off headaches that last for a week or more then just disappear mean in a person with Hydrocephalus. Headaches appear last up to a week then just disappear.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

What is the cause of your hydrocephalus? How old are you? How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Exactly where are the headaches? What are they like? On a scale of 0-10, what is it with being 0 no pain being 10 the strongest pain? How long do they last? How many times a day? Does anything make it better or worse? Was it consistent? Any other symptoms such as tearing, blurry visions? Are you aware of anything which might have triggered it? Any other medical problem? Any surgeries? Any medications? Any family medical history?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Meningitis,46 ,5'10" 155lbs. Headaches are on sides and front. Pain level varies from 3 to 7 depending on lying down or standing.They usually last all day are worse in morning when getting up,then level off once I am up. I also have a constant ringing in my ears. I have epilepsy several shunt surgeries. I take lamictal and lamotrigine. The headaches just come all of a sudden when I wake up when I'm lying down they're not as noticeable as when I am sitting up.
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

When did you have the meningitis?

Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

Did you have any imaging studies for the meningitis?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The meningitis was when I was 2months old I'm 46 now
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

It is a typical type of headaches because of hydrocephalus. Headaches due to increased increased intracranial pressure tend to occur in the early morning and may be associated with nausea and vomiting. They tend to occur in the morning because venous pressure is higher in the recumbent position. You should see your doctor for the treatment.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What if tests say nothing is wrong like a normal ct scan and headaches start to come and go.
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

You should make MRI or CT compared to the previous one when you didn't have the headaches.