DrHoellering
DrHoellering, Doctor
Experience:  Doctor of internal and general medicine self employed
61885400

I have a shooting pain up my right forearm whenever I happen

Customer Question

I have a shooting pain up my right forearm whenever I happen to push on my elbow like when I am getting up from a laying position or if I just use my other hand and push on my elbow I also feel the sharp shooting pain up my forearm. It also seems that there may be a small bump or swollen area half way up my forearm.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DrHoellering replied 1 year ago.

Hi tthere,

I am Dr. Hoellering and pleased to help you.

It seems as if you have an irritated ulnar nerve. This nerve runs superficially along the elbow and is compressed when you push on your elbow. Normally the nerve can bear that, but if there is a lump ( e.g. a lipoma ) which irritates it chronically, it becomes hyper sensitive. Please refrain from pushing your elbow completely for 4 weeks if possible. It should be better then. Pleas have the swollen area examined as soon as possible, because a diagnosis is not to be made from the far.

I wish you all the best!

You have read my answer but didn't give a positive rating yet. Without it I won't get any credit for my help... So please let me know if anything is still missing. If not please hit a positive feedback button for me. Thank you very much!

What can I do to make you happy with my answers and receive a positive rating for my help?