Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

I have essential tremors. I can live with it most part. My

Customer Question

I have essential tremors. I can live with it for the most part. My problem is that I am part of a road bike club. It's serious riding at close proximity (within 1 foot at 20 mph). It's very important that am able to move smoothly in consideration and safety of the rider behind. The tremors travel through my body and make movements on the bike jerky. I take;
Celexa 20mg
lamotrigine 100mg
neurontin 25mg
trazodone 100mg
and occasionally Seroquel
Do you think Temadone would work? With the unfortunate amount of drugs I currently take adding more prescription drugs doesn't appeal to me. Perhaps you could direct me to more benign solutions
Much Thanks,
Ben
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to JA. I will respond after reading your statement

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hi Ben. Nice that you cycle. I do too. Grew up in Michigan (grosse ile) and went to UM Ann Arbor. Tell me you cycle Huron river drive. Anyway are you familiar with a new treatment for ET called MRI guided high frequency ultrasound? To answer your question I don't feel the herbal remedy is going to make any big difference for you, but it depends on the severity of your tremor. Get back to me to discuss. Have you contacted the ET foundation in Washington?